Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cute Quick Polish Fix

I couldn't deal with a cheesy picture of my hand, but in lieu of a better idea, I went over the top with the graphic and created my best interpretation of something that any stuck in the mall nail salon would proudly display on their walls because don't we all want fingernails that look perfect while grasping a bottle of coordinating polish? :) Oh, if only I had a 90's style flip phone to hold instead...

Last night was New Year's Eve and even though I had just gotten a mani/pedi the day before, I am terrible to my polish. I had a few chipped places and one long slash down the middle of a nail where I sliced the polish while cutting veggies. My mother-in-law and aunt had their nails done the same day and of course their manicures were still perfect. With no time left to visit the spa again, I was left with having to fix my mess of a manicure myself. I had noticed some of the people I follow on Pinterest had pinned pictures with two unique colors of french manicures, so I thought I'd try it myself:

1. On top of the silver polish I'd chosen for the festive holiday, I added a tip of purple glitter. This is the kind of polish that is clear but has big pieces of colored glitter in it. Depending on the number of coats, you get a little glitter coverage or complete glitter coverage. Perfect for the look I wanted to achieve!

2. After all of the tips dried, I added a second coat on the tip making the purple glitter darker and better covering the chips.

3. Finally, I added a quick light coat of the glitter over the entire nail to incorporate little bits of the purple glitter across the whole nail. This gave me a blending of the two colors as well as the perfect solution to cover the flaws. What a cute and quick polish fix! :) Happy New Year!

P.S. One of my resolutions is to write more- including this blog so you should be hearing a lot more from me!

2 comments:

  1. No matter what you write it's always interesting! I love the nails and think maybe you could have a new career. I love the pictures you have retained on this blog site, some of my favorites of you and Paul. Best thing about today's comment...you promise more blog comments more often. Don't break your New Year's resolution! I love you and Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your posts. As soon as I get some pretty nails, I'm a picker, I will try some of your tips. Happy New Year!! Love ya, Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete