Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

NeW cAmErA! :)




Paul and I struggled for a while with whether or not to splurge and purchase a new camera, mostly due to the fact that there is nothing wrong with the camera that we currently use. It's amazing, actually...waterproof, shock-proof (you can drop it from 6 feet and not harm it), freeze-proof, etc...but it really is just a point and shoot. The picture quality and the ability to take artistic, clear, detailed photographs is limited. After enlisting the help of our friend Nick, we decided on one of the less expensive SLR cameras, a Canon Rebel T1i EOS with interchangeable and image stabilizing lens. One major bonus of this SLR camera is that it also takes HD video as well as holding the same size memory card as our current point and shoot camera. :)

Paul and I decided that we just couldn't let the next few months pass by without documenting them with quality photographs and we can't continue begging Nick for the use of one of his cameras, although we greatly appreciate how generous he has been about that. Anyway, on the way home and in our yard last night, I was playing around with our new "toy". Here are a few of the results!


The picture of Paul reminds me of his favorite poem by Robert Frost, which was the inspiration for yesterday's blog post. :)

Although this daisy is from an arrangement given to me by my friend Susan nearly two weeks ago (and the reason for some of the more brown spots on the petals), I love the lighting and shadows on this photo. One of my favorite pictures already!

I literally had Paul pull off into a parking lot where I could take this picture of the sun and clouds, it seemed perfect to try out my new camera! :) The picture below are some leaves growing beside our house, they look like bright green hearts, so I captured this little bit of Kentucky summer for all of you! lol If you look closely, you can see our hose hiding beneath the leaves.

And tomorrow, we're off for Sweden and France! We will return on July 28th! Hopefully I will be able to maintain the blog posts, but if I'm MIA for several weeks, it's because I'm touring around Europe and don't have internet access. Enjoy your next several weeks of summer, where ever you are! One thing I've found is that no matter where you are, there are great experiences awaiting if you have the right attitude! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki and Paul,
    I am so envious of the journies that you are about to go on! Even though I am so happy for you, I want you to know that I will miss you alot. My wish for you is to have the time of your life and to always know how lucky you both are to have each other. I love you both very much!!
    All my love,
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete